Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Published and Excited

Having just published my first book I am extremely excited. I hadn't originally thought about self-publishing through an ebook format until it was suggested to me by my aunt. I've always been more of a physical book person, I love the feel of owning that physical item and having it up on my shelves. I'd be lying to say that a part of me wasn't sad I can't throw a copy of my book up there right now as well.

However, the e-publishing was a far more reasonable option for me. And I'm just as proud of it as I would have been if they'd been in print. It would be great to do print copies one day, and I hope that I can. Right now though I'm just so happy that I did something I've always dreamed of doing. I've created something near and dear to me, and then worked up the guts to present it to the world for whoever wishes to read it. There will probably be some people who don't like it, some criticism thrown my way and I'm fine with that.

A) I know well enough you can't please everyone all the time and;

B) Good criticism can always help make you a better writer for the future.

So, here I am, dancing around my living room over the fact that you can see my book up for sale on Amazon.com. I'm sincerely hoping you all enjoy.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Enjoy the feeling and keep writing!! There are so many options out there now and many more oportunities on ebooks (my husband is often found reading in a corner with his tablet in hand).
    Love,
    Laura (your cousin)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laura!
      There are a lot more opportunities now then there use to be. I am still aiming to get fully published at some point either through a publishing house or one of the self-publishing venues so I can have a physical copy of the book out, but the ebooks have opened up a whole new way to get yourself out there to start with.
      Take care!
      Love,
      Jen

      Delete